Friday, July 30

So behind

Today as I wrote a check, I had to check the calendar to see what day it was.  Seriously?! Christian will be six months old in 2 days.

SIX MONTHS OLD.  Doesn't even  make any sense.  How has it been that long? How is he so big? How, why, how? :) 
all dressed and ready for church...

There is so much I have not posted, so I figured I better get it up here, before I look up and the little man is a year old.  You may have to pick me up off the floor.  I already miss the squishy little newborn he once was...  (sigh)

 check him out...holding his bottle!

Our little Christian is doing so much you just won't believe.  A milestone update is in order:
  • We have teeth! Two little bottom teeth.  They are adorable and sharp.  Don't say you weren't warned.  
  • We can sit up! Last Thursday I put Christian in the sitting position, braced to catch him and he did not fall.  For a full 5 minutes.  He's almost a pro now. 
  • Solids.  Christians first food was Sweet Potatoes (his Papas favorite) followed by bananas(yum, he says), then green beans (better than tolerable he concludes), followed by apples (that he only really likes with cinammon), then prunes (yum..as odd as that is), then peaches (which he hated so much he gagged and then gave me a dirty look), and peas (which were barely tolerable).  Next up we try avocado! *I will update here later with my baby food making adventures*
  • We aren't quite crawling yet, but we are rocking back and forth on our hands and knees...very promising.  I am in the process of baby proofing as we speak.  I want to be ready for it, when I come back in the living room and he's on the other side of the room.  
 seriously prunes mom?

We have had such a wonderful time this past month with our little guy.  He's smiling all the time, babbling like crazy, and squealing like a baby terydactal (his new nickname...seriously his screeching is intense...straight out of  Jurassic Park)

he is obsessed with solo cups

All our love,
coley

No comments:

Post a Comment