Monday, March 19

St. Patricks Day

Hello all! I thought I would take today and update you on the boys.  It has been a crazy few months and it seems things are just settling down.  I'll say that and then it will get nuts again, but oh well.  :)  Spring has sprung right into early summer...ohhh the south, yayyy for us! It has been 80 degrees and beautiful but seriously, 80 degrees in March? What does that mean for May? Its not going to be good.  I may need to go visit my family in a humidity friendly state. 




For St. Patrick's Day this year we decided to take advantage of a night out and skip the parade all together :) haha! Sorry kiddos! Our wonderful Auntie Alicia kept the boys for us and we went out and celebrated Christopher turning Old..oh uh, I mean 30. :)  I'm already 30 so I can make jokes. 

Alicia is the best Auntie and held down the fort while we hopped around downtown and got to see all the crazy people out for the holiday.  Since the news was estimating and EXTRA million people in Savannah we thought better of the parade.  Not with a two month old and a two year old.  First we would have to wake them up at six in the morning.  That's as far as we got.  We are not into waking sleeping children.  Sane people don't do this.  Seriously.

So we watched a little of the parade on the "T" (tv to Christian :)and laid around most of the day.  Later in the afternoon we took the boys downtown for a little bit to get Christian something fun off those vendor carts with the blinking lights (see- we are not heartless!) and he got this:

Dora.  Also known in this household as, "The Most Amazing Character to have EVER Graced our Television."  He is obsessed with this little girl.  I don't think he has put her down since we got her.  Best $6 we have spent in a long time.  She ran errands with us all day Sunday and had a good time waving at everyone.  He even shared his french fries with her.  Tell me that's not love. 

We quickly left downtown as it was insane (!) and I got really freaked out in the pizza line.  Let me tell you about it....

The night before we saw a police officer friend of ours.  He told us how his buddy had just arrested a "hippie" (his words not mine) for going to the bathroom in the street (? what!) and that we should be careful around these people because they have SKIN DISEASES!  What?! He said that they look really dirty and always have a lot of dogs with them, they never wash and apparently someone caught a skin disease from them, so be sure they don't touch you.  So fastfoward to Saturday afternoon, Chris is holding Christian, I'm pushing Gibson in the stroller and we get in line to get a piece of pizza.  I notice I smell something horrible.  I turn around and there are the people the guy was talking about.  Now let me throw in a disclaimer that Chris says I'm the crazy liberal.  I like to buy food and give money to the homeless on the street and since getting my minor in Social Sciences I really do believe that the majority of the homeless have mental problems and no family and that is how they end up on the street.  I always imagine that if I was in that situation, I'd want someone more fortunate to give me a few dollars.  I have debated with many a friend who thinks they should just, "Get A Job." (not that its a bad idea, just saying it won't work for everyone..) anyways..... totally going off on a tangent. 

Back to Skin Disease! As the guy and girl kept scooting closer and closer to my baby, (AHHH DON'T TOUCH MY BABY WITH YOUR SKIN DISEASED HANDS)  I just freaked out.  Plus the smell was overwhelming and really appetite killing.  I didn't even think that was possible when it came to Vinny's Pizza.  Needless to say we took off and that was that for St. Patrick's Day downtown with children :) 

Hope yours was great!

love, nicole

1 comment:

  1. You braved the Savannah St Patty's with TWO babies?! You are more brave than I my friend. We stayed as far away as possible from that mess. I think we will take our kid to the parade next year (he's two, too) when he may be able to sit and watch some of it, just to say he's seen it once and to be done with it. LOL

    Thanks for the intel on the homeless folks. That's gross. I think I will go and bathe in hand sanitizer now.

    ReplyDelete