Monday, July 30

In the Moment

How is it only 1:35 in the afternoon? I am so tired.

Not sleepy tired, mentally drained tired.  Tired from having to be constantly vigilant in keeping these little boys alive and well.  :) Things I've actually said this morning:

"No Gibson we can't eat markers"
"Christian please don't hit your brother in the head"
"No, no! Christian we don't jump off the coffee table"
"Don't touch Gibsons' eyes! It hurts him (as Gibson laughs)"

Is it nap time?

I have managed to get about seven things half done.  That's something right? I have to keep stopping to draw Christian (really horrible) pictures of Batman, or pick Gibson up for hugs so he knows I didn't forget about him (and hopefully stop screaming :).

I am reminded of this saying:

INTERRUPTIONS

"When you are exasperated by interruptions, try to remember that their very frequency may indicate the value of your life. Only people who are full of help and strength are burdened by other persons' needs. The interruptions which we chafe at are the credentials of our indispensability. The greatest condemnation that anybody could incur - and it is a danger to guard against - is to be so independent, so unhelpful, that nobody ever interrupts us, and we are left comfortably alone."

-Anonymous
from The Anglican Digest


I know I should be happy for the interruptions of my little boys and life.  I catch myself complaining of the things I have "volunteered" for, the baby showers I'm throwing (3!), the babysitting I'm doing, the amount of cleaning I have around here, the constant upkeep of these two little boys that are constantly growing out of everything (C needs shoes, G needs something...but I can't even remember right now! ha!), and it goes on and on. 

I will try and embrace the interruptions because they really do make up such a wonderful life.  Soon these cute little boys I love will be bigger than me.  

I'll look back on these crazy days with a smile, knowing they were gone too soon. 

Tub Time



No comments:

Post a Comment