(This picture has absolutely nothing to do with this post, other than it is a picture of me, in an apron,and you wear aprons when you prepare food, and food is at the forefront of everything that has affected me thus far, so its a reach, but enjoy)
I have not experienced too many symptoms of pregnancy yet, but there are a few oddities I'll share here with you. I'm not sharing all of them, but I'll be sure to sacrifice my pride if its really funny. Just don't, you know, tell everyone.
- I was sitting at my desk last week, when I smelled something bad. Really really bad. Like it smelled like dog food. That nasty canned dog food that reeks. I went searching for this foul odor, because that's what you do when something smells really bad. You go find it. I don't know why, its just what you do. So I'm searching for the dog food, up one aisle, down another, and finally I find it. 15 cubicles away. I couldn't tell what it was, but man it smelled bad. I was on my way back to my desk to tell my cube-mates, when I realized that was really far away to be smelling food...and at this point they didn't know I was pregnant, so I just sat down and sprayed TONS of body spray all over myself. Gag.
- Chris brought me a quesedilla with salsa and sour cream on it today. I gagged at the sour cream. Actually gagged. If you know me well, you know I consider sour cream a food group. Chris just stared at me in disbelief. Even just thinking about it now....ewww, it looked so gross.
- I am loving sandwiches. Sandwiches everyday. Subway is my new favorite place. Now if I start eating spaghetti like crazy, Chris is going to be so excited.
- Crab was not good when I ate it. Crab people! Dipped in butter! I'm going to have to stop, I'm tearing up. It was ridiculous.
- FATIGUE! I am sleepy for about 20 hours a day. Early morning I'm wide awake (which is so weird for me) and by noon I'm drowsy again. For. The. Rest. Of. The. Day.
- Heart burn started today. Boo.